Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Today I fucked up : by setting my backyard on fire

In hindsight, this was incredibly avoidable had I thought through exactly what I was doing.


Today, my dad and I were outside cleaning up weeds in the backyard. A while back, he had purchased this modified blow torch meant for killing weeds..Anyway, both of us get tired of pulling the weeds manually so naturally we go pull out the torch and fire it up.

Big mistake.

Both of us had completely forgotten that all of our garden hoses were stored away and the outdoor taps turned off (with 32 degree nights still common we leave them off the avoid pipe bursts). The moment we started burning we realized what a mistake we had made. The fire began to spread rapidly and we had no choice but to stomp it out with our feet. After about 30 minutes, we managed to stomp all of it out. The soles of my shoes had been horribly melted and nearly 1/4 of our lawn was reduced to a fine, black powder.


Popular Posts