Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Today I fucked up : by not taking a bowl out of the freezer when asked

In the morning my parents asked me to make noodles and take out the bowl with their favourite condiments because they wanted noodles for breakfast (???).

 I was preoccupied with packing up my bag for the day and forgot about the bowl until they pulled up in the driveway. I didn't want to disappoint my parents on not completing such a simple task so I rushed to take it out and ran back upstairs.

A little later, while continuing to pack, I heard a bowl shatter and my parents cleaning up the glass. I thought they just dropped a bowl so I dismissed it.

My mother calls me down to have soup and this is where it should of clicked in my mind what shattered but it was the morning and the impending doom of school was on my mind so I still didn't realise what shattered.

While swallowing my last spoonful of soup, I feel something hard and sharp and then I feel an immense pain in my throat. After coughing for a couple minutes, a bloody piece of glass came out and there's blood everywhere in my mouth and throat.


Turns out the bowl that I just took out of the freezer shattered and sort of exploded due to the temperature shock from coming into contact with boiling water and a piece of glass landed into my soup.
I now have cuts everywhere in my piehole and it's insanely painful to eat. I'm told I can't have anything hot or solid/crunchy (which is exactly the type of food I like) for at least a week.


TL;DR I didn't take a bowl of condiments out of the freezer leading it to shatter due to temperature shock and glass ended up in my food.

Popular Posts