Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Today I fucked up : by locking my car the way I usually do

I finished a long day of work, and got into my car. try start the car, and nothing - battery is flat. that is fine, someone will have jumper cables, I'll be on my merry way. get out of the car and shut the door.

 my car is older, so you need to push down the lock switch then hold the handle open in order to lock the door. I do this automatically. I had locked my car keys in the car. I find a co-worker and we try to open my door using a thin bit of metal. no luck. I get a lift home (I live fairly close). 

I totally have a spare key somewhere! I'll get a lift back to work with my mum and she can jump-start my car and we'll be good! key is nowhere to be found. mum starts to drive me back to work nonetheless, I brought an old wire clothes hanger with me. cops pull my mum over on the way. turns out she has forgotten to pay her rego, will be fined, and needs to immediately go back home. I am dropped 2km from work. at this point I am cold, tired and walking all angry back to work with a dishevelled piece of clothes hanger. still no luck breaking into my car. call a locksmith - they cancel on me. after about an hour finally find someone who will come out at 8pm and they save the day, unlock my car and jump-start. it was not cheap.

I am now very conscious of taking my key out of the ignition.
My car battery ran flat, I locked my keys in the car, could not find spare and ended up waiting for over an hour for an expensive locksmith.

Popular Posts